250ml chilled tomato juice
160ml chilled vodka
2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
10 drops red Tabasco
12 Territory prawns
1 stick of celery celery
4 ripened truss tomatoes
2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
2 cloves of garlic
Salt & freshly ground black pepper butter for grilling prawns
1. Combine tomatoes, garlic, capsicum and celery on a lined baking dish and drizzle with balsamic vinegar and bake at 200°C for 30-40 minutes. You want to see them soften but not burn.
2. Remove and cool. Combine with tomato juice, Worcestershire, Tabasco and vodka.
3. Blend with a bar mix until but ensure to keep texture (don’t over blend or you will loose the roasted texture). Taste and add additional spice by taste and season with salt and pepper.
4. Place blended mixture in a large jug and refrigerate.
5. De-vein and shell prawns (leave tails on) and grill in a hot flash of butter, salt and pepper. Divide 12 shots glasses with chilled spicy tomato mixture. Rest prawn at top and serve immediately with fresh lime.