Seasonal greens and
vegetables of your choice
6 cups of cold water
2 cups of white rice
2 cups of hot water
a rice cooker
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pureed/mushy garlic Black sesame seeds
1. Place the rice in a large bowl and fill it with 2 cups of cold water. Wash the rice by stirring it around in the water until the water is opaque from the starch that coated the rice.
2. Using a colander, empty the water from the bowl.
3. Repeat steps 1 and 2 two more times or until water no longer becomes murky from the starch.
4. Put the washed rice and then the 2 cups of hot water in the rice cooker (if you choose to add salt and/or garlic to the rice, now would be the time to place it in the rice cooker) and press the “cook” button or whatever you press to start the rice cooker.
5. Once the rice is cooked, place the rice in a bowl and cool it for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
6. After the rice has cooled, take about 2 heaped tablespoons of the rice into your (clean!) hands and mould the rice into whatever shape you want. The traditional shapes are either circular or triangular.
7. Sprinkle some sesame seeds on them if you prefer.
8. Serve or store!