1 medium butternut squash
1 red capsicum
2 cups vegetable stock (500 ml)
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1/2 cup wholemeal couscous (120 g)
1/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
2 tbsp tomato puree
1/2 tsp salt
black pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C.
2. Cut the butternut squash in half lengthwise.
3. Scoop out the seeds and place the two halves on a baking tray.
4. Bake for an hour until the flesh is soft.
5. Heat up the oil in a pan and add the onion chopped finely.
6. Fry for 2-3 minutes until it softens, then add the chopped zucchini and red capsicum, give them a good stir, add the vegetable stock and boil for 15 minutes.
7. Use a spoon to scoop out the flesh from the butternut squash, leaving about 1 1/2 cm around the edges.
8. Take the pan off the heat, add the couscous and place a lid on the pan.
9. After 5 minutes, remove the lip the fluff the couscous up with a fork.
10. Season with salt and pepper and mix in the tomato purée.
11. Stuff the butternut squash halves with the couscous, sprinkle some grated cheese over, and bake in the oven for a further 5-10 minutes.
12. Garnish with freshly chopped parsley.