1kg minced lamb
½ large red onion, finely chopped
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons of finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
2 tablespoons of finely chopped fresh oregano leaves
2 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
1 ½ teaspoons sea salt
1 teaspoon of dried rosemary
½ teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
½ teaspoon of ground cumin
4 hamburger buns
2 handfuls baby spinach
8 slices of tomato
100g blue or feta cheese, crumbled
1. In a large bowl, combine the lamb mince with the fresh and dried spices with your hands. Crack in the egg and make sure it is evenly distributed throughout the mince and shape it into 4 patties making an indent in the middle of each Pattie with your finger or the back of a spoon. Cover and refrigerate for 2 – 4 hours.
2. Prepare the barbecue for direct cooking over medium heat (180-230 degrees).
3. Lightly brush the bread slices or buns on both sides with oil. Barbecue the burgers over direct medium heat for 10-13 minutes with the lid down until cooked through turning once.
4. Toast the bread slices over direct heat, turning once for 30 seconds.
5. Construct your burger on each toasted bun with spinach, tomato, cheese and burger Pattie.
6. Serve warm and enjoy.