3/4 cup plus 2 tbsp (100 g) flour
1/8 tsp salt
1 egg, beaten
6 teaspoons of milk
(2 tbsp of your favourite liqueur)
butter for pan
lemon wedges and sugar, to serve
1. Sift the flour and salt into a large bowl; make a well in the middle and add the beaten egg.
2. Stir in half the milk, working in the flour gradually until it begins to form a batter, then beat well and add the rest of the milk and liqueur or water.
3. Pour batter into a jug and let stand for about 15 minutes before making any pancakes. When batter has rested, heat a non-stick pan over medium high heat, add a little bit of butter to the centre of the pan, stir the batter then pour in a small amount into the pan then swirl it so that it spreads thinly.
4. Cook for about one minute, then turn and cook the other side for about 30 seconds.
5. Place on a plate, drizzle with juice from a fresh lemon, sprinkle with sugar then roll or fold to eat immediately, or else keep the pancakes on a plate over simmering water to keep warm, then add the lemon juice and sugar. Continue adding a tiny bit of butter to the pan and cook the remaining batter.