300g 70% dark chocolate, chopped
175g unsalted butter
170g (1 cup less 1 tbsp) demerara sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
50g (½ cup) ground almonds
35g (½ cup) cocoa powder
1 tsp Instant coffee/ espresso powder
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda /baking soda
½ tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 180ºc and line 23cm square tin with baking paper.
2. Melt the chocolate and butter in a bowl over barely simmering water, stirring continuously until they are all liquid.
3. Remove, stir in sugar and beat well.
4. Add the eggs, one at a time, followed by the vanilla and continue to mix until combined.
5. Gently mix in all of the dry ingredients. Pour about ⅔ of the batter into a tin. Cover with the remaining brownie batter.
6. Bake for about 30 mins until just firm to touch. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
7. Drizzle with Chocolate sauce, Fresh cream or Ice-cream as desired.