1 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
½ red onion, finely chopped Salt and pepper
¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese
2 cloves of garlic crushed
¼ cup coarsely chopped basil
½ cup roughly chopped, cooked ham off the bone
Basil to garnish
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Gently whisk eggs in a medium bowl and set aside. Chiffonade basil and set aside.
3. In a high-sided ovenproof pan, heat olive oil on medium. Once oil is hot, add chopped red onion and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Add ham and cook for 1 minute. Add basil. Add salt and pepper to taste and stir to combine.
4. Remove pan from heat and pour in whisked eggs. Place pan in the oven and bake for 12-14 minutes, or until the eggs are fully cooked. Remove from oven, loosen the sides with a knife and place whole frittata onto a cutting board or plate.
5. Top with cheddar cheese, slice into wedges and serve immediately.